Mexican Beef Pie
|Pastry for a double crust 9 inch pie||1|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned spanish style tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sliced stuffed olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 400° F
2. Take a pie plate sized 9 inch and line it with half the pastry.
3. Take a skillet and heat some oil in it.
4. Add green pepper and onion to it and sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Add the beef and continue cooking, stirring often, until it browns evenly.
6. Add the tomato sauce along with the seasonings and cook over low flame for 15 minutes.
7. Cool the mixture before adding the olives and adding it to a pastry shell.
8. Cut the pastry into narrow strips after rolling it out.
9. Make a lattice pattern over the meat with it.
10. Place it in the pre heated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the pastry gets browned properly.
11. Serve hot.