Mexican Soup With Chicken
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Ancho chili/Other large dried chili||1 , deseeded and softened in boiling water for about 10 minutes|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned plum tomatoes||400 Gram|
|Chicken stock||2 3⁄4 Pint (1.5 Liters)|
|Chicken breasts||2 , sliced|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon (Juice 2 Limes)|
1) In a large saucepan, heat up oil.
2) Add the onion and garlic to sauté and soften for 5 minutes.
3) Add dried chili, cumin, tomatoes and chicken stock.
4) Use a hand blender or food processor, to prepare a smooth pure from this.
5) Bring the puree back into the pan. Allow to boil and add chicken. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until cooked through.
6) Stir in the lime juice and some seasoning, then ladle into bowls.
7) Put the toppings in the middle of the table for everyone to help themselves.
Calories 676 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 119.6 mg39.9%
Sodium 1524.1 mg63.5%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 61 g121.1%
Vitamin A 62.5% Vitamin C 80%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet