|Veal cutlets||6 , cut 1/2 inch thick|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Dry breadcrumbs||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Squash zucchini||3 Medium, sliced|
1. Pour egg into a shallow dish
2. Spread breadcrumbs on a plate.
3. To bread the cutlets, dip them in beaten egg and then drop in the plate of bread crumbs to coat both sides evenly.
4. In a large skillet, heat the shortening.
5. When the shortening is hot, arrange the breaded cutlets in the pan.
6. Fry for 4-5 minutes on each side until evenly browned.
7. Drain off the excess fat from the pan.
8. Add tomatoes and seasonings to the cutlets in the skillet.
9. Cover skillet and reduce the flame to low.
10. Simmer cutlets for 30 minutes.
11. Add the sliced zucchini to the skillet and continue simmering for another 30 minutes until the meat is fork tender.
12. Arrange cutlet on a serving plate.
13. Spoon the tomato and zucchini sauce on top
14. Serve hot.