Chile Con Queso
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato with green chilis||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Processed cheese spread||1 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
1) In a Dutch oven, add oil to heat up.
2) Add onion and garlic to sauté until translucent.
3) Sprinkle flour and chili powder into the onion mixture.
4) Cook this for a minute by reducing the heat to low. Keep on stirring.
5) Add tomatoes and green chilies to cook over low heat.
6) Stir continuously until the sauce becomes thick and bubbly.
7) Add cheese and jalapeno pepper to cook over low heat.
8) Stir frequently until the cheese melts down.
9) Serve the preparation warm with with taco or tortilla chips.