Sticky 5 Spice Ribs With Sweet Corn Salsa
|Pork ribs||1 1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), bashed|
|Chinese five spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweetcorn salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweetcorn||300 Gram, drained (1 Can)|
|Cherry tomatoes||200 Gram, halved|
|Red onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Coriander||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon, juiced|
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degree F
2. Arrange the ribs in a roasting pan.
3. Combine 2 tablespoons of soy, the rice vinegar, garlic, star anise and 300ml water.
4. Pour over the ribs.
5. Cover pan with foil and place in the oven. Braise ribs for 2 hours.
6. Increase the oven temperature to 200 degree F
7. Uncover the ribs; drain off the liquids from the pan and discard.
8. Combine honey, 5-spice, sesame and remaining soy sauce.
9. Pour over the ribs, toss them to coat.
10. Return ribs to the oven and roast for 20 to 30 minutes until the ribs are glazed and sticky.
11. Toss salsa ingredients in a bowl.
12. Arrange ribs on a platter and serve with salsa.