Pollo En Mole De Cacahuate
|Broiler fryer||3 Pound, cut up and skinned|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Smooth peanut butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven at 350°.
2) Wash the chicken under running cold water. Pat dry with a paper towel.
3) Sprinkle salt and paprika to season. Coat with flour.
4) In a large skillet, heat up oil to brown the chicken.
5) Transfer the chicken on paper towels to drain excess oil.
6) Store 1/3 cup of pan drippings from the skillet.
7) Use a 13- x 9- x 2- inch baking dish to place the chicken.
8) Pour in the pan drippings back into the skillet.
9) Sprinkle 1/4 cup flour and cook for a minute, by constant stirring.
10) Place peanut butter, garlic, chili powder and cumin in the skillet.
11) Stir continuously to cook until bubbly.
12) Slowly pour in water for cooking over medium heat. Keep on stirring until it becomes thick.
13) Add Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 teaspoon salt into the sauce.
14) Spread the sauce over the chicken.
15) Place the baking dish inside oven and bake for 30 minutes without placing the cover.
16) Garnish with parsley sprigs before serving.