Tortilla Rollups or Tortilla Spring Rolls for Crowd
|Tortilla||10 Medium (Four varieties of tortillas used)|
|For the filling|
|Softened cream cheese||16 Ounce|
|Roasted pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely (Roasted red bell pepper used)|
|Black olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Mexican 4 blend cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Dry garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
To prepare the filling:
1. In a bowl, add the cream cheese, roasted red bell pepper and black olives.
2. Add the finely chopped green onions, Mexican cheese, dry garlic powder, red chili powder and ground cumin powder. Mix all the ingredients well to blend with the cream cheese.
3. Add the shredded cabbage and blend well once again.
To prepare the tortilla roll ups:
4. Spread out each tortilla, using a spatula spread the filling evenly on the surface, then roll each of them tightly from one end, sealing the edges well with the cream cheese mixture.
5. Once rolled, using a knife cut 1 - inch or 1 and 1/2 - inch thick rolls.
6. Lay all the cut roll ups into a large foil tin and refrigerate.
7. Serve chilled.
Use softened cream cheese kept in room temperature.
The four varieties of tortillas used in this recipe are spinach tortillas, tomato basil tortillas, whole wheat tortillas and flour tortillas.
Calories 296 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.1%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.7 mg16.6%
Sodium 565.8 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet