Quesadillas With Lime Cilantro Salad
|For the chicken|
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||1 Large, cut into strips|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For the quesadilla|
|Whole wheat tortilla||1 Large|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fat free refried beans||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned corn||1 Tablespoon (corn with peppers)|
|Low fat cheese||1 Tablespoon, shredded|
|For lime cilantro coleslaw|
|Coleslaw mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), torn|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
For the Chicken
1. In a bowl, add lime juice, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil. Mix well till combined. Put the chicken pieces and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. On medium high heat, heat a grill pan. Put the marinated chicken strips on it and cook for 2 minutes per sides or till the chicken is fully cooked.
3. Remove from heat. Let it cool and shred the chicken Set aside.
For The Quesadilla
4. Lightly brush one side of the whole wheat tortilla with olive oil. Flip it.
5. On the other side, spread the refried beans. Then chicken, corn and finish it with cheese. Fold the tortilla into half to look like a half moon.
6. Heat a grill pan on medium heat and place the quesadilla on it. Cook on one side till it is crisp. Flip it and continue to cook till it is crisp.
7. Remove from heat and transfer onto a plate. Cut it into half.
For The Coleslaw
8. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients well till all are coated evenly.
9. In a serving plate, serve the quesadilla with lime and cilantro coleslaw, guacamole and pickled jalapeno peppers.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 715 Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.8%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.2 mg36.4%
Sodium 1633.8 mg68.1%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.8%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 54 g108.3%
Vitamin A 137.7% Vitamin C 64.9%
Calcium 28% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet