Mexican Salad in a Taco Bowl
|Salsa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut oil||1 Teaspoon (organic)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic cloves||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lean organic ground beef||1 Pound|
|Tomato||1 Large (organic)|
|Canned kidney beans||14 Ounce|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mixed greens||2 Cup (32 tbs) (organic along with spinach)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
Preparing the taco bowl:
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Wash and dry a metal bowl thoroughly and make a desired size ball with aluminum foil (inside of bowl size).
3. Lightly rub the outside of the ball of foil with olive oil and drape one tortilla over the ball pressing against the sides(with a little bit of olive oil on your hands).
4. Place the metal bowl over it, place on a cookie sheet and bake like this for the first 5 minutes then remove metal bowl only.
5. Let it cook an extra 5 minutes until the tortilla is darkened but not burned and attains the shape of the chosen size.
6. Let the tortilla cool completely on top of the foil before removing it.
7. In a large bowl combine salsa and sour cream.
8. In a large cast iron or stainless steel frying skillet heat coconut oil over medium heat and cook onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 2 minutes.
9. Add meat and cook, stirring often and crumbling with a wooden spoon, until cooked through for about 5 minutes.
10. Add tomatoes, beans, cumin and chili powder, cook stirring until the tomatoes begin to break down for 2 to 3 minutes.
11. Remove from the heat, stir in cilantro and 1/4 cup of the salsa mixture.
12. Add lettuce to the remaining salsa mixture in the bowl, toss to coat.
13. To serve, divide the lettuce among the bowls.
14. Top with the meat mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.1 mg14%
Sodium 372.5 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.9%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 21 g41.2%
Vitamin A 27.9% Vitamin C 41.7%
Calcium 21.5% Iron 20.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet