Mexican Style Shrimp with Pasta and Tomatoes
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Vermicelli||1⁄2 Pound, broken into 2-inch-long pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Chopped tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned chopped green chilies||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), lightly crushed and peeled|
|Reduced sodium chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Chopped cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
|Reduced fat sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large skillet, warm the oil over medium-high heat. Add the vermicelli and saute, stirring constantly to prevent burning, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Drain off any excess oil from the pan. Add the onion, tomatoes, green chilies, and garlic to the vermicelli, and stir well to combine.
3. Add the broth, salt, and pepper, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add the shrimp and stir to combine. Cover and cook until the shrimp begin to curl and are pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the shrimp and tomato mixture with the cilantro. Serve with the sour cream on the side.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2336 Calories from Fat 832
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g139.2%
Saturated Fat 27.6 g137.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 769.9 mg256.6%
Sodium 2685.9 mg111.9%
Total Carbohydrates 224 g74.8%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g70.1%
Sugars 26.8 g
Protein 145 g289.2%
Vitamin A 104.6% Vitamin C 175.6%
Calcium 70% Iron 102.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet