Mexican Pork Strips
|Boneless pork loin roast||1 1⁄4 Pound (Single Loin)|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , seeded and finely chopped|
|Chopped green chilies||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Ground cumin||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Trim any surface fat from the pork loin; discard. Partially freeze the pork to firm. Slice the pork across the grain into 1/8- to 1/4-inch slices; cut each slice in half lengthwise.
2. Combine the lime juice, oil and garlic in a cup. Place the pork in a plastic bag; add the marinade and turn to coat the pork. Close the bag securely and marinate the pork in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Soak four 9-inch bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the Salsa: Combine the chopped tomatoes, chilies, cilantro, sliced green onion, cumin and salt in a medium-size bowl; cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.
5. Remove the pork from the marinade. Thread the strips of pork (weaving back and forth) on the bamboo skewers. Place the kabobs on a rack in a broiler pan so the surface of the meat is 3 inches from the heat.
6. Broil the kabobs for 6 minutes, turning several times.