Chicken And Chilli Tamales
|Dried corn husks||30|
|For tamale dough|
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened (125 Gram)|
|Masa||1 1⁄2 Ounce (750 Gram)|
|Baking powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||6 Fluid Ounce (3/4 Cup, 185 Milliliter)|
|For chicken and green chili filling|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Green chilies||2 , chopped|
|Oregano leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chopped chicken||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon (Puree)|
1. Place corn husks in a bowl, pour over warm water to cover and soak for 30 minutes.
2. To make dough, place butter in a bowl and beat until light and creamy. Place masa and baking powder in a bowl, then stir in stock and mix to combine. Gradually beat masa mixture into butter and continue beating to make a smooth dough.
3. To make filling, heat a frying pan over a high heat, add oil, chillies, oregano and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in chicken, flour and tomato paste (puree) and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked and mixture reduces and thickens.
4. Drain corn husks and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper. Take 2 tablespoons of Tamale Dough and press to flatten, place on a corn husk, then top with 1 tablespoon of filling. Take another 2 tablespoons of dough press to flatten, then place over filling and press edges of dough to enclose. Fold corn husk around dough parcel to enclose, then wrap other husk around the parcel and tie to secure. Repeat with remaining corn husks, dough and filling to make 15 tamales.
5. Place tamales in a steamer over boiling water and steam for 45 minutes or until cooked through.