Fusilli Pasta with Spicy Tomato Salsa
|Ripe tomatoes||6 Large|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1 , grated rind|
|Shallots||2 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Fusilli pasta||1 Pound (450 g)|
|Half fat creme fraiche||4 Tablespoon|
|Freshly chopped basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Oregano sprig||1 (to garnish)|
1. Place the tomatoes in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to stand until the skins start to peel away.
2. Remove the skins from the tomatoes, divide each tomato in four and remove all the seeds. Chop the flesh into small dice and put in a small pan. Add the lemon and lime juice and the grated lime rind and stir well.
3. Add the chopped shallots and garlic. Remove the seeds carefully from the chillies, chop finely and add to the pan.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes until the salsa has thickened slightly.
5. Reserve the salsa to allow the flavours to develop while the pasta is cooking.
6. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the pasta. Simmer gently for 3-4 minutes or until the pasta is just tender.
7. Drain the pasta and rinse in boiling water. Top with a large spoonful of salsa and a small spoonful of creme fraiche. Garnish with the chopped basil and oregano and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2188 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.9%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.7 mg28.2%
Sodium 68.6 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 418 g139.4%
Dietary Fiber 33.6 g134.6%
Sugars 49.8 g
Protein 73 g146.5%
Vitamin A 238.9% Vitamin C 434.8%
Calcium 26.8% Iron 83.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet