Twice-Baked Green Jalapeno Potatoes - Part 3
|Potatoes||7 Medium, scrubbed and washed|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Blue cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Jalapeno pepper||2 , minced|
|Chives||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped finely|
|Spring onion||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped finely|
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Scrub the potatoes and wash them thoroughly.
3. Poke the potatoes all over with a wooden skewer and brush them with olive oil.
4. Using a sharp knife, chop the chives, spring onions and mince the jalapeno peppers.
5. In a baking sheet, place the potatoes and bake in the oven until they are tender.
6. Allow the potatoes to cool slightly until they are cool enough to handle.
7. Slice each potato about 1/3 inch from the top.
8. Using a spoon, scoop the potato flesh, leaving about ¼ inch of potato shell.
9. In a large bowl, place the potato flesh and mash it coarsely.
10. Add in blue cheese and stir to mix.
11. Add in cream and cream cheese, mix well.
12. Sprinkle the chili powder, and mix well, and add more cream until it mixture reaches desired consistency.
13. Season with salt and pepper and mix again.
14. Add in green onions and jalapeno and stir to mix.
15. Divide the mixture in 7 equal parts and fill it in the potato shells.
16. Arrange the potato shells on a baking sheet, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
17. Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes or until they are light brown on top.
18. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
19. Serve hot garnished with chopped chives.
Calories 443 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.4%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g72.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.6 mg23.2%
Sodium 692.1 mg28.8%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 15 g29.7%
Vitamin A 38% Vitamin C 80.4%
Calcium 33.2% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet