This is really fun for me, I love cooking and I enjoyed a lot.
Monterey jack cheese
8 Ounce, cut in strips
Grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Apply oil to your hands to avoid burning sensation.
3. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the chilies and place them on a kitchen towel.
4. Slit the chilies vertically, and pull out the seeds if desired.
5. Cut the monterey jack cheese, in ¼ inch thin slices and then cut in strips.
6. Stuff the chilies through the slits, with cheese strips.
7. In a baking dish, pour in the olive oil and turn the dish to coat the sides and bottom.
8. Arrange the chilies in the baking dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.
9. In a bowl, break the eggs and beat well until light and fluffy.
10. Add in the milk, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce, and beat well to combine, taste it and adjust the seasoning.
11. Stream the egg mixture all over the chilies and sprinkle some more Tabasco on top.
12. Bake it in oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until they turn light brown on top and when you insert a knife it comes out clean.
13. Remove from the oven and allow to cool down slightly.
This recipe video is in 4 parts this is- Chiles Rellenos Guillermos, New Mexican Food Part 3. Please watch part 1,2, and 4 for complete recipe.Now it is time to assemble the casserole. So watch this video to see how to assemble the chili peppers, cheddar cheese other ingredients for chiles rellenos guillermos.
Chiles Rellenos Guillermos, New Mexican Food Part 3 Recipe Video