How To Make Cheese Enchiladas
|Red enchilada sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Homemade or store bought)|
|Corn tortillas||12 Medium|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Shredded cheese||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Mexican blend recommended / Cheddar with mozzarella)|
|Chopped scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (To garnish)|
1. Take a 9" X 13" oven proof dish, pour a thin layer of red enchilada sauce.
2. In a skillet, heat oil for frying the corn tortillas, fry them one at a time for a few seconds to soften them (do not get them crisp, you won't be able to roll them), and set them aside in a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
3. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
4. Soak each softened tortillas in the enchilada sauce.
5. Fill each with the shredded cheese, roll and place in the pan prepared with the layer of sauce in the bottom.
6. Pour some more of the sauce over the rolled tortillas placed in the baking pan. Top it with shredded cheese.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until all the cheese melts.
8. Once done, sprinkle with some chopped green onions and the cheese enchiladas are ready to serve.
9. Serve immediately.
2. A pair of tongs - to fry the tortillas
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.6 mg12.2%
Sodium 929.2 mg38.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 18 g35.4%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 0.65%
Calcium 49.6% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet