Here's a super simple dish to make. It is also very quick. Make it for a weekday meal or for entertaining. Yum!
Red enchilada sauce
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Homemade or store bought)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)
4 Cup (64 tbs) (Mexican blend recommended / Cheddar with mozzarella)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (To garnish)
1. Take a 9" X 13" oven proof dish, pour a thin layer of red enchilada sauce.
2. In a skillet, heat oil for frying the corn tortillas, fry them one at a time for a few seconds to soften them (do not get them crisp, you won't be able to roll them), and set them aside in a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
3. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
4. Soak each softened tortillas in the enchilada sauce.
5. Fill each with the shredded cheese, roll and place in the pan prepared with the layer of sauce in the bottom.
6. Pour some more of the sauce over the rolled tortillas placed in the baking pan. Top it with shredded cheese.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until all the cheese melts.
8. Once done, sprinkle with some chopped green onions and the cheese enchiladas are ready to serve.
9. Serve immediately.
Things You Will Need
1. 9" x 13" oven proof dish
2. A pair of tongs - to fry the tortillas
Who would not love nice warm cheesy enchiladas for dinner? Most of the women who juggle with their family and office duties, will surely love them. This is a video which demonstrates delicious cheesy enchiladas. The cooking method is simple and easy.