Black Bean Chilli with Avocado Salsa
|Black beans||4 1⁄2 Ounce, soaked overnight (250 Gram)|
|Black eye beans||4 1⁄2 Ounce, soaked overnight (250 Gram)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled, finely chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded and diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled, finely chopped|
|Red chili||1 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||400 Gram|
|Vegetable stock||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Ripe avocado||1 Small, diced|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small, peeled and finely chopped|
|Freshly chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Tomato||1 Small, peeled, deseeded and diced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dark chocolate||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Half fat creme fraiche||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Drain the beans and place in a large saucepan with at least twice their volume of fresh water.
2. Bring slowly to the boil, skimming off any froth that rises to the surface. Boil rapidly for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 45 minutes, adding more water if necessary. Drain and reserve.
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and chilli. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion and pepper have softened. Add the chilli powder, cumin and coriander and cook for 30 seconds. Add the beans along with the tomatoes and stock.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 40-45 minutes until the beans and vegetables are tender and the sauce has reduced.
5. Mix together the avocado, onion, fresh coriander, lime juice and tomato. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. Remove the chilli from the heat. Break the chocolate into pieces. Sprinkle over the chilli. Leave for 2 minutes. Stir well. Garnish with creme fraiche, lime and coriander. Serve with the avocado salsa.