Mexican Style Sole with Almonds
|Sliced almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sole||1 1⁄2 Pound (Flounder Fillets)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Canned chopped mild green chilies||4 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lime zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until toasted. Remove the almonds and set aside. Reduce the oven temperature to 250°.
2. Sprinkle the fish with the salt and pepper. Break the eggs into a shallow bowl and beat lightly.
3. In a large skillet, warm the oil with the butter over medium-high heat until the butter is melted. Dip half of the fillets in the beaten egg. Add to the skillet and cook until the egg is set and golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a platter and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining fillets.
4. Add the onion, garlic, and chilies to the skillet, and saute, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the lime juice, lime zest, and cilantro, and stir to combine.
5. Spoon the sauce over the fish, then sprinkle with the toasted almonds. Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1912 Calories from Fat 1142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 127 g195.1%
Saturated Fat 35.5 g177.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 846.3 mg282.1%
Sodium 1352.8 mg56.4%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g56.7%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 161 g322.1%
Vitamin A 52.3% Vitamin C 211.7%
Calcium 47.1% Iron 47.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet