Mexican Lasagna Or Corn Tortilla Casserole - Vegetarian
|Corn tortillas||4 Medium, fried|
|Mexican cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (mexican 4 cheese blend)|
|For the vegetable mix|
|Assorted vegetables||200 Gram, chopped finely (Red onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes and black beans used)|
|Corn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salsa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onions||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Roasted cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Jalapeno||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Olives||2 Tablespoon (Mix of green and black olives used)|
1. Chop all the vegetables and coat them well with olive oil and all the Mexican spices such as basil, oregano, thyme, marjoram and rosemary. Also add some black pepper. Mix them well and set aside for about 30 minutes.
2. Take a baking dish and grease with some cooking oil sprayed on it and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
4. Add corn and salsa to the vegetable mix and combine well.
5. Add chopped green onions, roasted cumin powder, jalapenos and combine well.
6. Take the greased baking dish and layer the bottom with the marinated vegetable mixture. Place a fried corn tortilla over the layer followed by another layer of the vegetable mixture.
7. Sprinkle a layer of shredded Mexican cheese on top followed by another fried corn tortilla.
8. Repeat with layers of vegetables, cheese and the tortilla, finishing the top with a layer of shredded cheese, some salsa dollops and sprinkled with green onions and olives.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
10. Serve as it is or with some toasted garlic bread.