Veggie Fajita (Mexican Basics)
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Red onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Bell peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Red, yellow and green bell peppers used)|
|Carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Fajita seasoning mix||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chunky salsa||1 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (For the garnishing)|
1. Take pan and heat it with a couple of tablespoons of oil, add the garlic and saute for a minute.
2. Add all the vegetables such as red onions, bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes and green onions. (you can also include assorted vegetables of your choice like zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms etc)
3. Stir the vegetables for a minute and add ground cumin and fajita seasoning mix and the salsa. Mix well to combine.
4. Sprinkle some cilantro on the top and turn off the heat.
5. Serve the fajitas with tortillas with your choice of cheese and cream.
The vegetables used can be chopped, diced or julienned as per your taste and preference.
Calories 97 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 128.2 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 0.82 g1.6%
Vitamin A 40.7% Vitamin C 35%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet