Hello, I am back with another Mexican Basics episode..
Enjoy the freshness of corn tortillas by making them right in your kitchen ... anytime. It's super easy to make.
2 Cup (32 tbs) (Ready corn tortilla flour used)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As required as per instructions on the flour pack)
1. Take a bowl with tortilla flour and knead it gently by gradually adding water in small quantities at a time. Knead to form a soft dough.
2. Take golf ball size portions and roll on a board. Keep plastic sheets between the dough before rolling to prevent the dough from sticking to the board and the roller pin.
3. Using a round shaped cutting tool cut the rolled portion into a perfect round shape.
4. Meanwhile take a pan and heat it, put the rolled dough into it and cook flipping sides till done.
5. Serve the corn tortillas fresh with any topping of your choice.
If you're interested in making corn tortillas then check this out. Chef Bhavna shows us how to make it very nicely and patiently. It's not that difficult but very interesting to make as we normally buy it from the store. You should try making it. But before trying it, do watch the video.