Learn Mexican basic with Bhavna. Veggie mexican pizza is perfect anytime.
Flour tortillas/Pizza crust
4 Medium (Corn tortillas)
100 Gram (Onions, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, olives, jalapeno and corn used)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Yellow and white American cheese may be used as an alternative)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Olive oil/Cooking spray
2 Tablespoon (Butter spray is used)
1. In a bowl take the re-fried beans and season it with the taco seasoning. Mix well.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3. Take 2 flour tortillas and lay them on a oven toaster tray or baking tray. Spray them with butter spray.
4. Spread the re-fried beans on one of the tortillas and cover it from the top with the other tortilla (butter side up). Toast in the oven till one side is golden brown in color.
5. Remove form the oven, flip sides and toast again.
6. When both sides are done, take the tortillas out and spread about 2 tablespoons of salsa on the top.
7. Add the chopped vegetables of your choice on top followed by the shredded cheese.
8. Put the pizza back into the oven and bake till the cheese melts.
9. Serve the pizza with a beverage of your choice.
You can omit spraying the insides of the tortillas with butter spray. Spray the outside of the tortillas so that they brown well when toasted in the oven.
The vegetables used for the topping can either be used raw or can be sauteed in a little bit of oil and then added as a topping for the pizza.
If you are wondering how to use leftover flour tortillas, then see this video to make some delicious Mexican style pizza at home. The video is impressive and the recipe uses ingredients that are easily available in your kitchen. Check it out.....