Roasted chicken topped with a rich, brown sauce inspired by traditional Mexican mole sauce - only 6 ingredients!
1 Large, diced finely
3 Clove (15 gm), minced
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place the chicken thighs on a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 40 minutes or till done.
4. In a saucepan, heat olive oil.
5. Put the onions and sauté till translucent and soft.
6. Add the garlic and continue to sauté for 2 more minutes or till fragrant.
7. Put cayenne, cinnamon and tomato paste. Pour the chicken stock and stir to mix well.
8. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
9. Add the chocolate and stir till it melts. Turn off the heat.
10. Transfer the baked chicken into a bowl and pour the sauce over it.
11. In a serving plate, serve the chicken hot with rice or bread.
Today, in Robin's kitchen is a traditional Mexican dish served with Mole sauce. Mole sauce is a classic recipe which can be very elaborate if you make it the authentic way, however, Robin has come up with a much quicker version so that you can prepare the sauce in your kitchen without much planning. This is a highly recommended dish for its unique flavor that is achieved by a secret ingredient. Do try the recipe.