Here's a recipe for Carne Guisada. It's delicious and can be used in so many ways.
2 Pound, cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch dices
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1 Large, finely chopped
2 , finely chopped
3 , finely chopped
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
Clove oil/Peanut oil
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, place chucks roast, add flour. Combine well to lightly coat the chuck roast pieces with flour.
3. In the dutch oven, heat oil and add chuck roast. Cook till all the sides of the meat are browned nicely.
4. Once the meat turns brown, add onions, celery and jalapeno and saute till nicely wilted.
5. Add tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, and saute for 2 minutes.
6. Pour in beef stock and mix, using the spatula scrape the bottom.
7. Place the vessel in oven and bake at 325F for 3 hours. Check the meat every hour; add water, if required and scrape the bottom.
8. In a serving bowl, place a tortilla, top it with the Carne Guisada, garnish with grated cheese and sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips.
How about a delicious Mexican dinner to beat the winter cold? Chef Scott is making a delicious Tex-Mexican Style Stewed Meat that can be served as a stew or as a topping with bean burrito or as a side dish with tamales. He is using chuck roast which is the main flavorful ingredient that is slow cooked in oven for about three hours. Scott's detailed instruction is easy to follow and the outcome would be a nice well broken down meat that is tender juicy and more than just delicious.