Mollejas, Fajiters and Shrimp Part 1
|For the shrimps|
|Shrimps||2 Pound, devein|
|Cajun seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Cornmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Louisiana fish fry)|
|For the mollejas|
|Sour orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fajita spice mix||2 Tablespoon (Mitchel con)|
|For the fajitas|
|Skirt steak||1 Pound|
|For the salsa|
|Seasoning mix||30 Gram (Suckle Busters, Bustin with flavors)|
|Diced tomatoes and green chilies||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the onion|
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), slice|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoning mix||1 Teaspoon|
1. Clean, shell and devein the shrimps and marinate with Cajun seasonings.
2. Marinate the mollejas with sour orange juice and fajita spice.
3. Clean and marinate the skirt steak with fajita seasoning.
4. Set aside all the meat and shrimps for 60 minutes.
5. In a bowl combine seasoning mix, can of diced tomatoes and water, keep it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until needed.
6. Prepare the grill.
7. Heat the jambalaya pot and pour the oil for deep frying. Bring it up to 350 degree.
8. Place the mollejas on the top rack of the grill, and let it cook.
9. Coat the shrimps with the corn meal in batches.
10. Once done fry them in the hot oil for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Remove and drain in paper towel, keep it aside.
12. Check on the mollejas and place it on the bottom rack and grill them for 10-15 minutes, flipping it once in a while, place it back on the top rack later.
13. Place the skirt steak on the grill and grill it for 30 minutes.
14. In the meantime slice some onions and place it on the cast iron fajita pan and season them with seasoning mix and olive oil.
15. Once done place the pan on the grill and cook it along with the skirt steak shut the lid and grill.
16. Once the onions have softened, apply some of the onion oil on tortillas and warm them up on the grill.
17. Remove the skirt steak and the mollejas and let it rest for 10 minutes.
18. Slice the mollejas and skirt steak.
19. Serve the fajita steak along with the tortillas and grilled onions.
20. Serve the mollejas along with the tortillas and grilled onions.
21. Serve the salsa along with the tortillas chips.
Cat iron fajita pan