1. In a deep pan add chicken broth
2. Put in the onion quarters.
3. Put in 2 garlic cloves.
4. Add the cilantro.
5. Add ½ teaspoon salt.
6. Place the chicken breast on the pan.
7. Place it on a medium high heat and bring to a boil.
8. In a food processor at the tomatoes, add other halves of onion, add 3 garlic cloves, jalapeno, chipotle, and blitz for 20 seconds.
9. Decrease the heat of the pan to low and poach chicken for 20 minutes.
10. In a pan heat oil over high and spread all around.
11. Add the tomato mixture into the pan.
12. Add 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Cook the mixture for 10 minutes.
13. Drain out the chicken from the broth and keep aside.
14. Strain the stock and add into the pan.
15. Bring it to boil and turn down to low, simmering for 15 minutes.
16. Shred the chicken and add into the soup. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
17. In a small bowl place a tortilla at the bottom and spoon the soup over it.
18. Garnish with cheese, sour cream and chopped cilantro.
What better comfort food to fight the winter chill than a bowl of piping hot tortilla soup. Filled with a slew of scrummy ingredients, this one's surely a winter favorite. In this video, the chef demonstrates a step by step instruction on how to whomp up this spicy delight. It's so simple and satiating that you will fall in love with it.