Mini Chilies Relleno
|Canned whole green chilies||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Monterey jack cheese sticks/American cheese sticks||6|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Rinse chilies being careful to remove all seeds. Cut each chilie in half crosswise. Stuff each with cheese stick; set aside.
2. Preheat microwave browning grill for 5 minutes on HIGH.
3. Beat egg whites in small mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Beat yolks with flour in small bowl; fold yolk mixture into egg whites.
4. Spray surface of preheated grill with non-stick vegetable coating or grease lightly. Spoon about 1/2 cup of egg mixture onto grill forming 3 omelets at a time; gently spread out. Place a stuffed chilie on one end of each omelet.
5. Microwave for 30 seconds on HIGH. Fold the one end of each omelet over the end with chilie. Continue cooking for 30 to 60 seconds, on HIGH, or until egg is set.
6. Reheat microwave browning grill for 2 minutes on HIGH. Continue cooking remaining egg mixture as directed.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 646 Calories from Fat 376
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.8%
Saturated Fat 22.5 g112.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 723.3 mg241.1%
Sodium 1223.6 mg51%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 40 g79.6%
Vitamin A 35.2% Vitamin C 64.6%
Calcium 71.6% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet