Vegetarian recipes are popular for their health benefits. This vegetarian chili is full of flavor and perfect for a party. Chef Jason Hill of Chef Tips explains how to make it.
Please Follow the Video
1. To begin the vegetarian chili, dice and chop all of your ingredients and have them ready to go.
2. Preheat large pot over medium-high heat and add olive oil to the pot.
3. Heat and add onion, bell pepper, garlic, zucchini and squash. Stir and saute.
4. Add chili powder, cumin, basil, oregano and stir.
5. Add crushed tomatoes, fresh chopped tomatoes, followed by your garbanzo and kidney beans.
6. Stir, then add the chopped parsley and lime juice.
7. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper. When ready to serve, place into bowls and garnish with sour cream, grated cheddar cheese and hot sauce. I hope you enjoy this recipe for vegetarian chili!
9. To make this a crock pot vegetarian chili or slow cooker vegetarian chili, saute your vegetables and then add all of the ingredients to your crockpot.
10. Cook the crockpot vegetarian chili on low for about 4 hours, or until ready to serve. If you still want a meaty texture in this vegetarian bean chili, try adding a taco-flavored soy product.
11. Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese and hot sauce.
Here is a simple healthy vegetarian chili recipe without meat. This recipe uses plenty of tomatoes, kidney beans and garbanzo beans. This vegetarian chili is full of flavor and perfect for a party. Top this vegetarian chili with little sour cream, some grated cheddar cheese and your favorite hot sauce and enjoy!