Mexican Shredded Beef With Red Chiles
|Dried chilies||4 , stemmed and seeded (New Mexico / Guajillo)|
|Ancho chili||2 , seeded|
|Beef brisket||5 Pound, cut into 3 pieces (1 In Number)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced lengthwise 1/8 inch thick|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Plum tomatoes||5 Large, seeded and chopped|
|Jalapeno||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Cinnamon stick||2 Inch|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Scallions||2 , thinly sliced (For Garnish)|
1. In a medium bowl, cover the chiles with hot water and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain, discarding the soaking liquid.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325°. Season the brisket with salt. In an ovenproof enameled cast-iron casserole, heat the oil. Sear the meat 1 piece at a time over high heat, turning once, until browned, 10 minutes per piece; transfer to a plate.
3. Add the onion, garlic, cumin and coriander to the casserole. Cook over high heat, stirring, until the onion is translucent, 3 minutes. Stir in the chiles, tomatoes, jalapeno and cinnamon stick. Return the meat to the casserole. Add the stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Cover and braise in the oven, turning the meat after 1 hour, until tender, 2 hours.
4. Discard the cinnamon.Transfer the meat to a board and let cool. Shred the meat.
5. Working in batches, transfer the contents of the casserole to a blender and puree until smooth. Strain and return to the casserole. Add the shredded meat and season with salt and pepper. Reheat, garnish with scallions and serve.