Chicken Tortilla Soup
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||1 Pound|
|Fresh poblano chiles||6 Ounce (2 Whole, Pasillas)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Defatted chicken broth||8 Cup (128 tbs) (Fat Skimmed)|
|6 inch corn tortillas||6|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Rinse chicken; cut into 1-inch chunks.
2. Rinse chilies, then trim and discard stems, seeds, and veins. Cut chilies lengthwise into 1/8- to 1/4-inch strips.
3. In a 4- to 5-quart pan over high heat, bring chilies, onion, and broth to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken, cover, and simmer until meat is no longer pink in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 4 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cut tortillas into 1-inch squares. Divide squares equally among wide soup bowls.
5. Ladle soup over tortillas. Add lime juice to taste.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1680 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 263.1 mg87.7%
Sodium 3743.3 mg156%
Total Carbohydrates 203 g67.8%
Dietary Fiber 43.3 g173.1%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 176 g352%
Vitamin A 698.6% Vitamin C 42.4%
Calcium 115.4% Iron 194.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet