Mexican Potato Omelette
|Red skinned potato||1 Large, scrubbed|
|Cold water||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Lard/Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Chopped white onion||180 Milliliter (3/4 Cup)|
|Red bell pepper/Green bell pepper||1⁄2 , seeded, finely chopped|
|Fresh jalapeno||2 , seeded, minced|
|Queso anejo||60 Milliliter, crumbled (1/4 Cup)|
|Minced fresh coriander||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
1. Cut potato into 3/8-inch (1-cm) cubes.
2. Lightly whisk eggs, water, salt and black pepper in medium bowl.
3. Heat lard in 10-inch (25-cm) nonstick skillet or omelet pan over medium heat until hot. Add potato, onion and bell pepper; saute until potato is tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in chilies.
4. Pour egg mixture into skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring with back of fork, just until bottom starts to set, 1 or 2 minutes. Cook, lifting up edges, tilting pan and letting uncooked egg mixture flow to bottom, 1 or 2 minutes longer. Cook without stirring or lifting, until top is set and bottom is golden, about 1 minute longer.
5. Sprinkle omelet with cheese and coriander. Garnish with tomato. Cut omelet into 4 or 8 wedges