Pike With Salsa Dinoce Gratinata
|Dried porcini mushrooms||1 Ounce|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pike||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into serving pieces (1 Whole)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Clam juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded italian fontina/Gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Soak porcini in warm water 20 to 30 minutes, or until softened. Remove porcini and rinse under running water to remove any grit. Chop fine; place in a medium bowl. Strain liquid through cheesecloth into bowl with mushrooms. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, season fish with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place flour on a piece of wax paper or flat plate. Dredge fish in flour, shaking to remove any excess.
3. In a nonreactive medium frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened. Stir in celery and continue to cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp tender. Add mushrooms and their liquid, wine, clam juice, and water and bring to boil over high heat. Cook until liquid is reduced to 1 cup, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in walnuts and cook 1 minute. Season with remaining pepper. Set aside.
4. In a nonreactive large frying pan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook a few pieces of fish at a time, being careful sides don't touch, 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown on outside and opaque but still juicy on inside. Add more olive oil if needed. Using a wide spatula, remove fish to a flameproof 13 x 9-inch baking dish or gratin dish. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
5. Heat broiler. Pour reserved walnut sauce over fish. Sprinkle fontina and Parmesan cheese over top. Broil about 3 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese melts and begins to brown.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3743 Calories from Fat 2241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 252 g387.3%
Saturated Fat 45.5 g227.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 607.9 mg202.6%
Sodium 3349.5 mg139.6%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.4%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 285 g569.7%
Vitamin A 45.4% Vitamin C 85.8%
Calcium 182.8% Iron 68.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet