The Mexican Chile Relleno Dinner
|For chile relleno|
|Canned green chiles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jack cheese||1⁄2 Pound, shredded|
|Cheddar cheese||6 Ounce, shredded|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Fat free milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Zucchini||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|For tequila lime sauce|
|Tequila||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, chopped finely|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|For spanish rice|
|Garlic chutney||1 Teaspoon|
|Mexican seasoning||To Taste|
|Cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sauteed|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||3 Tablespoon|
FOR CHILE RELLENO
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large casserole dish, layer the chilies. Spread the jack cheese and cheddar cheese over them.
3. Make layers with carrot, red pepper and zucchini.
4. In a bowl, beat the eggs. Pour in the milk and mix well. Pour the egg mix over the vegetables.
5. Garnish with cilantro and bake it in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes.
6. Serve the Chile Relleno with tequila sauce and Spanish rice.
FOR TEQUILA LIME SAUCE
1. In a bowl, combine tequila with lime juice. Add onion, garlic, black pepper, salt, lack pepper and butter. Garnish with cilantro.
2. Serve the Tequila Lime Sauce with chile relleno.
FOR SPANISH RICE
1. In a pan, heat olive oil and saute the onion.
2. Add garlic chutney, Mexican seasoning and tomato sauce.
3. Add in the rice and mix with other ingredients.
4. Serve the Spanish Rice with chile relleno.