Savory Pork Burritos
|Refried beans||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Boneless pork butt roast||2 1⁄2 Pound (1125 Grams)|
|Chopped white onion||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Salt||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Dried epazote||2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Ground cumin||2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Coriander seeds||2 Milliliter, lightly crushed (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato salsa||6 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|8 inch flour tortillas||12 (20 Centimeter Size)|
|Firm ripe avocados||2 Medium, pared, pitted, diced|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Carrot sticks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Prepare Retried Beans, omitting cheese.
2. Place pork, onion, sliced carrot, garlic, salt, epazote, cumin and coriander seeds in 5- or 6-quart (5- or 6-L) Dutch oven. Add just enough water to cover pork. Heat over high heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until pork is tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
3. Prepare Fresh Tomato Salsa.
4. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Remove pork from cooking liquid; strain and reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the liquid.
5. Place pork on rack in roasting pan. Roast, turning once, until well-browned, 40 to 45 minutes.
6. Trim and discard outer fat from pork. Using 2 forks, pull pork into coarse shreds. Combine pork and reserved cooking liquid in medium skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until pork is evenly moistened and hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
7. If not freshly made, soften and warm tortillas Reheat beans, if necessary.
8. For each burrito, place 1/12 of the beans crosswise in a row on lower half of 1 tortilla; spread out slightly. Top with 1/12 each pork, Tomato Salsa, avocado and cheese, in that order.
9. Fold right edge of tortilla over filling; fold bottom edge over filling and loosely roll up, leaving left end of burrito open.
10. Place 2 burritos on each serving plate. Garnish with carrot sticks and green onions