White Chicken Chili
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound, cooked (for the salad)|
|Great northern beans||48 Ounce (Randall)|
|Mild green chilies||8 Ounce, chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, chopped|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Potato||4 Medium, chopped (Optional)|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium, minced|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raspberry salsa/Chipotle||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tortilla chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Shred the cooked chicken into bite size pieces.
3. In a pot, place together chicken, white beans, onions, chillies, cumin, oregano, cloves, nutmeg, potatoes, allspice, cayenne pepper, garlic, chicken stock and sugar, and mix well.
4. Cook on low heat for at least 5 to 8 hours, until beans are tender.
5. In a pan, melt butter remove the pan off the heat, and stir in flour and milk to make a smooth roux.
6. Add the roux to the chilli mixture and stir well to combine.
7. Allow to cook without the lid until chilli thickens for about 15 minutes.
8.In a large bowl, put raspberry salsa or chipotle sauce.
9. Put crushed tortilla chips and chilli over salsa or chipotle, and top with sour cream and cheese and serve.
If you don't have a crock pot, you can cook it in a large pot, cook for about 4 hours over medium heat and then add the Rue until thickened.