Apple berry salsa makes a good appetizer and side dish. You can serve this fruit salsa with your Mexican meal. It goes well cinnamon chips, fish and chicken.
For apple berry salsa
Granny smith apples
2 Medium, peeled, cored and chopped
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped
1 Medium, peeled and chopped
1 Medium, squeezed
For cinnamon tortilla chips
1 Tablespoon, melted
1. For Apple Berry Salsa, peel, core and chop the apples in dices, set aside.
2. Slice and chop the strawberries in dices, set aside.
3. Peel, slice and chop the kiwi, set aside.
4. To make cinnamon chips, cut the tortilla into triangles, and place them on baking sheet.
5. In a bowl, place together apples, strawberries, brown sugar, chopped kiwi, apple jelly, orange zest and juice, and mix well.
6. For Cinnamon Tortilla Chips, brush the tortilla chips with melted butter.
7. Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top and bake in preheated oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp.
8. Serve the apple berry salsa with cinnamon tortilla chips.
Apple berry salsa makes a wonderful appetizer and side dish. Watch this excellent video that shares an interesting recipe for a fruit salsa with cinnamon tortilla chips. The video also displays some great chopping and peeling techniques. Take a look as it offers some great serving suggestions too.