In under 30 minutes, you can make these wonderful Chicken and Rice Mexican Burritos. The beauty with this dish is that you can add or take away any ingredient that suits you. If your family is anything like mine, this simple home made meal will have them coming back for more.
Chicken breast tenderloins package
1 (Any Color)
1 Can (10 oz)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Any Flavor)
Dried minced onions
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Strength To You Taste)
Boil in bag jasmine rice
2 (2 Package)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Set Boil-in-Bag rice in pan of water. Bring to a boil
2. Lightly oil frying pan with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
3. Heat skillet to medium high
4. Cut Chicken Breast Tenderloins in to 1 inch cubes
5. Cook tenderloins until golden brown
6. Cut Bell Pepper in to bite-sized pieces
7. Add Bell Peppers to Tenderloins and lightly cook. (still want that crunch)
8. Add black beans to skillet
9. Add salsa to skillet
10. Add chili powder, minced onions, and paprika to skillet
11. Stir. Mixing all ingredients well.
12. Add rice and mix till rice is well coated
13. Let simmer for 3-4 minutes
14. Warm tortillas in microwave on in separate skillet on stove, or in oven
15. Load your tortilla with the chicken and rice mixture
16. Add cheese and other toppings to your liking
17. Eat till your stuffed!
For more information please visit: http://www.katcurlee.com/
For the diet watchers...here is a wonderful recipe to try out. In this video, Kat displays a great way to prepare a chicken burrito which is low on fat, and filling at the same time. And as Kat says, this can always be customized with ingredients you like, but remember to keep it healthy!