|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frying chickens||2 , cut into pieces|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Onions||4 Medium, chopped|
|Green peppers||4 , seeded and chopped|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stewed tomatoes||1 Quart, undrained|
|Pitted ripe olives||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole kernel corn||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Frozen, Canned Or Cut From The Cob)|
1. In a skillet heat the butter, add the chicken and brown on all sides. Remove the chicken to a kettle and cover with water. Add the garlic and salt, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is tender, about one-half hour. Remove the meat from the bones and discard the bones. Reserve two cups of the broth.
2. To the skillet add the onions and green peppers and cook until the vegetables are wilted. With a wire whisk stir in the flour, add the chicken broth, tomatoes and olives and cook, stirring, until thickened and smooth.
3. Preheat the oven to hot (400° F.).
4. Place a layer of corn in a buttered baking dish, add a layer of chicken and a layer of the tomato mixture. Repeat the process until all the ingredients are used, ending with a layer of corn.
5. Place slices of bacon on the top and bake until the bacon is crisp, about twenty minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8021 Calories from Fat 4324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 489 g751.7%
Saturated Fat 155.1 g775.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2262.2 mg754.1%
Sodium 6575.7 mg274%
Total Carbohydrates 249 g82.9%
Dietary Fiber 35.7 g142.9%
Sugars 107.3 g
Protein 640 g1280.5%
Vitamin A 215.6% Vitamin C 1053.1%
Calcium 118.2% Iron 212.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet