|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frying chickens||2 , cut into pieces|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Onions||4 Medium, chopped|
|Green peppers||4 , seeded and chopped|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stewed tomatoes||1 Quart, undrained|
|Pitted ripe olives||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole kernel corn||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Frozen, Canned Or Cut From The Cob)|
1. In a skillet heat the butter, add the chicken and brown on all sides. Remove the chicken to a kettle and cover with water. Add the garlic and salt, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is tender, about one-half hour. Remove the meat from the bones and discard the bones. Reserve two cups of the broth.
2. To the skillet add the onions and green peppers and cook until the vegetables are wilted. With a wire whisk stir in the flour, add the chicken broth, tomatoes and olives and cook, stirring, until thickened and smooth.
3. Preheat the oven to hot (400° F.).
4. Place a layer of corn in a buttered baking dish, add a layer of chicken and a layer of the tomato mixture. Repeat the process until all the ingredients are used, ending with a layer of corn.
5. Place slices of bacon on the top and bake until the bacon is crisp, about twenty minutes.