Minced Turkey Burger with Salsa and Guacamole
|Ripe tomatoes||4 , chopped|
|Red onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Canned blackeyed beans||120 Gram|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (A Splash Of)|
|Lime||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Handful Of)|
|Chilli||1 , finely chopped (Depending On How Hot You Like Your Food)|
|Iceberg lettuce||1⁄2 , shredded|
|0% fat greek yogurt||150 Gram|
|Lime||1 , cut into wedges|
1. Mix all the burger ingredients together and make into eight patties. Set aside.
2. To make the guacamole, scoop out all the avocado flesh and put into a blender with the garlic and lime juice. Blend until smooth and season to taste.
3. To make the salsa, mix the tomato and onion with the beans, olive oil, lime juice, coriander and chili. Season and set aside.
4. Heat up a griddle pan. Cook the burgers for about five minutes on each side, turning occasionally to chargrill all over.
5. Heat up a frying pan (with no oil) and warm the tortillas through. If using granary rolls, cut them in half.
6. Serve the burgers with some shredded lettuce, a dollop of yoghurt, the guacamole and salsa, wrapped in a tortilla or squashed in a roll.
7. Serve the lime and the jalapeño peppers on the side for extra flavour and heat.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 742 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1084.5 mg45.2%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.4%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g69.8%
Sugars 25.9 g
Protein 27 g54.6%
Vitamin A 106.9% Vitamin C 190.1%
Calcium 51.1% Iron 87.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet