Shelf Reliance is your premier source for food storage, emergency preparedness supplies, and informational tools. Featuring freeze dried foods, food rotation systems (food storage shelves), and our revolutionary calculators for food storage and emergency kits, Shelf Reliance offers the tools you'll need to create a comprehensive, customized emergency preparedness plan.
1 Medium, diced
3 Clove (15 gm)
4 Teaspoon (2 - 4 tsp)
Monterrey jack cheese/Cheddar or mozzarella
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Grated Cheese used)
1. Soak the beans by covering in water, either soaking overnight or quick soaking.
2. Drain the beans and cover in fresh water.
3. Add diced, onion, garlic and salt, bring it to a medium heat. Simmer for a few hours until the beans are tender, making sure you add more water when needed.
4. Once well cooked and the beans start to break up, mash them up using a potato masher.
5. Add in the cheese and butter.
6. Sprinkle some cheese on top and broil in a casserole dish until the cheese is brown or a little soft as desired.
7. Serve as a side dish or as a dip with a bowl of chips.