BBQ Pork Nachos ~ Game On ~ Episode 3
|Pork shoulder||4 Pound|
|Chili based pork rub||To Taste|
|Cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Pickled jalapenos||5 , 4 cut into coins and 1 diced|
|Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce||2 , diced|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Tortilla chips||2 Cup (32 tbs) (blue and yellow corn tortila chips used)|
|American white cheese||3⁄4 Pound|
|Gouda cheese||1⁄2 Pound, cut into cubes|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Wash and pat dry pork shoulder, and apply cooking oil on surface to act as a binder for the rub. Now apply a coat of the pork rub on all surfaces of the pork.
2. Set grill/smoker up for indirect cooking and smoke pork shoulder at 250°F until internal temperature reaches 200°F. I wrapped mine in foil when it hit 165°F and finished cooking. After the pork shoulder has reached target temperature, remove it from the smoker and set it out to rest leaving it wrapped in foil.
3. While the pork is resting bring 1cup of half & half to a simmer, and start adding in the American cheese cubes and melt them all in while stirring. Make sure to reduce your heat as to not scorch the cheese or half & half.
4. After cheese is melted and smooth, start adding in the Gouda cheese and repeat the process. Once both cheeses are fully melted and mixed well, add in the red pepper flakes, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, 1 diced jalapeño and diced chipotle peppers. Mix everything in well.
5. If cheese sauce is to thick, then thin it out by thoroughly mixing in more half & half. Would be best to transfer this cheese sauce into a crock pot or fondue pot to keep it hot until ready to use.
6. Remove pork from foil, and shred to make pulled pork. Layer tortilla chips in a fire safe pan and heat over grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until warm.
7. Layer tortilla chips in a serving tray or platter, and dust with a little cumin. Now add pulled pork on top of the chips evenly. Now ladle the cheese sauce over the pork. Now add a layer of sour cream (I thinned my sour cream with a little whole milk).
8. Sprinkle chopped green onions and jalapeños on top, and last top with guacamole. I place the guacamole in the center for those that don’t like it. Your choice on how much of everything you want to.
9. Serve immediately.