For a fun appetizer when Im having guests over for a casual affair, or when my family wants to kick back and enjoy a yummy snack, Ill make my Super Quick Natural Nachos!
|Red onion||1 Cup (16 tbs) , diced|
|Garlic cloves||3 , diced|
|Green pepper||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , diced|
|Organic corn chips||250 Gram|
|Black beans||1 Cup (16 tbs) , canned|
|Roma tomatoes||3 , diced|
|Avocado||1 , peeled and diced|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) , shredded|
|Red chili flakes||To Taste|
|Garlic salt||1 Dash|
|Lime juice||To Taste|
|Fresh cilantro sprigs||4 , diced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil spray||1 Dash|
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a skillet on the stovetop over low heat, drizzle some olive oil in the pan.
3. Add in onions, garlic and peppers and sauté until onions are slightly golden and peppers are soft.
4. While the onion and pepper mixture is cooking, spray a 2-quart Pyrex dish with extra virgin olive oil spray.
5. Arrange chips in the Pyrex dish. Top with a portion of the cooked peppers and onions, black beans, tomatoes, avocado (or my Chunky Guacamole), and shredded cheese, and some cilantro sprigs.
6. Repeat layers of chips and other ingredients until you’ve used all the ingredients.
7. Sprinkle nachos with more cheese, a dash of garlic salt, red chili pepper flakes, freshly squeezed limejuice, and fresh cilantro sprigs.Warm nachos in the oven until cheese is bubbly and chips are slightly golden (approximately 10-15 minutes).
8. Serve immediately!