At our house, we love eggs for breakfast. However, sometimes we want to change up the typical omelette or scrambled eggs and have something a little more spicy to start the day! This Mexican Egg Wrap is just the thing. It's easy to make, healthy and delicious!
|Coconut milk||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced white onion/Diced red onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced green pepper||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced red pepper||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||2 , diced|
|Avocado||1/2 , sliced|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat tortillas||2 Large|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a skillet. drizzle olive oil and add peppers, onions and garlic. saute over low heat until slightly golden.
2. Remove skillet from the stovetop and put cooked ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, add in eggs and coconut milk. Blend eggs and milk with a fork.
4. In the same skillet, drizzle a little more olive oil over low heat and add in the eggs.
5. Using a spatula, fold eggs over to make scrambled eggs. When eggs are done, set aside.
6. On two separate plates, place 2 large tortillas.Put equal amounts of scrambled eggs on each tortilla shell.
7. Divide the following ingredients equally on both shells: onion and pepper mixture, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and cilantro.Roll the tortillas as shown in the video.
8. With a sharp knife, cut each tortilla roll in half, so on each plate, there are two halves of the egg wrap.
9. Serve as it is or with your favorite salsa.