|Granny smith apple/Apple||2 Medium, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Juice of lemon||1|
|Refined coconut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Coconut palm sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|For maple cashew cream|
|Raw unsalted cashew||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup/Agave nectar||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut palm sugar/Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
- In a large bowl, pour in 4 cups of water and lemon juice. Throw in the apple slices until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with Silpat and set aside.
- For the concoction – in a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a shallow pan, over medium – high heat and melt the coconut oil.
- Add in the apple slices and sprinkle with coconut palm sugar. Cook until done.
- Meanwhile, prepare the maple – cashew cream – in a high speed blender, add in all the ingredients and blend until smooth. Add in more water if needed for a creamy and thicker consistency.
- Spread some concoction over the tortillas and fill with apple. Wrap as shown in the video and place over the prepared baking sheet; spread some concoction on top. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle some maple – cashew cream on a serving plate; slice the empanadas and serve.
Calories 570 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.6%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 336.4 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.7%
Sugars 48.7 g
Protein 9 g18.3%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 22.5%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet