Vegan Sour Cream and Enchilada Sauce
|For the vegan sour cream|
|Cashew||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 , divided|
|Juice of lemon||1|
|Ground mustard powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Pink himalayan salt||1 Teaspoon|
|For the enchilada sauce|
|Tomatoes||6 , diced (5 - 6)|
|Dried chipotle chili||2 , deseeded|
|Ancho chili||1 , deseeded|
|Red hot chili pepper||2 , deseeded|
|Vinegar||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Pink himalayan salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided (1 1/2 + 1 teaspoon)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), as needed|
|Coconut palm sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||2 Teaspoon|
FOR THE VEGAN SOUR CREAM
- In a high speed blender, add in the cashew and 1/4th cup of water. Blend for a few seconds.
- Season with juice of lemon, cumin, ground mustard powder and pink Himalayan salt. Gradually add in the water and blend until smooth.
- Serve with some tacos.
FOR THE ENCHILADA SAUCE
- In a saucepan, add in the tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Add in the dried chipotle chili, ancho chili, red hot chili pepper, vinegar and 1 ½ teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes until tomatoes are tender.
- Scrape out the mixture into a high speed blender and add the water. Blend until smooth.
- Take out the sauce in a large bowl and season with remaining salt, coconut palm sugar and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Serve with some burritos.
Calories 112 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 343.2 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 25.5%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet