Chicken Livers En Brochette
|Chicken livers||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried whole tarragon||1 Teaspoon|
|Green peppers||1 , cut into 1-inch cubes|
1. Take a shallow container, keep the chicken livers in it; set aside.
2. In a jar, add the next 6 ingredients; cover tightly, and shake well until well mixed.
3. Transfer marinade over chicken livers; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4. In a saucepan, cook onions in boiling water 8 to 10 minutes or until just tender; drain.
5. Drain livers, reserving marinade; discard bay leaf.
6. Thread livers, onions, green pepper, and tomatoes on skewers; brush with marinade.
7. Broil the skewers 6 to 8 inches from heat 10 to 12 minutes, turning and basting occasionally with marinade.
8. Serve the skewers over rice, if desired. This yields 6 servings.