Peruvian menu items have a world-wide appeal mainly due to their unique and fresh flavors. One of the most common ingredients used in Peruvian dishes is aji Amarillo, which is actually orange chili pepper – an important ingredient without which several Peruvian recipes are considered incomplete. Here are some common menu items which you can try out at the earliest opportunity.
Appetizer in Peruvian menu:
- Butifarras – This is prepared mainly with country ham, French rolls, lettuce bread, onion sauce and mayonnaise. This dish is a must in Peruvian weddings.
Lunch/Dinner Menu items:
- Fish soup or Chil cano – A soup with a hot and tangy taste – prepared with heads and backbone of a fish, onions, cilantro sprigs, boiled potatoes, lime, parsley, tomatoes and garlic cloves.
- Quinoa risotto – Quinoa is boiled with chicken and cooked with smoked bacons, thinly sliced mushrooms, white wine, parmesan cheese and nutmegs. This serves as a main course dish in Peruvian menu.
- Chicken cau cau – A savory chicken dish, prepared from chicken breasts, broth, lime juice, sweet mint, minced garlic and potatoes. This is mainly served with rice. 550656-lima-bean-salad-part-of-peruvian-menu.jpg400400
- Lima bean salad – This is a healthy salad prepared with lima beans as the main ingredients and with tomatoes, key lime juice, minced parsley, oregano and aji Amarillo fresco which are well seeded and chopped.
Peruvian dessert dishes:
- Kiwicha jelly – Unflavored gelatin is mainly used with evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and pop kiwicha and served as a dessert after a hearty meal.
So, now that you have an idea about Peruvian menu dishes…just go ahead and try out every dish you can – I am sure, you are not going to be disappointed.