550437-aloo-poha-delhi-breakfast.jpgw300h225Delhi does not have its own cuisine but the city is well known as the paradise for food lovers. Dishes included in a typical Delhi menu are about a combination of various delicacies, which are offered ranging from Punjabi to Awadhi and Chinese to continental. Delhi is also famous for its wide array of mughlai dishes - kebabs topping the list of favorites. Here are some typical Delhi dishes that you can enjoy.
Breakfast Delhi Menu Ideas:
· Breakfast Sausage - a filling non-vegetarian dish consisting pork butt, pork fat, thyme and other spices.
· Makkai and Green Puri- crispy and tasty puris prepared of makkai ka atta, wheat flour, and semolina, spring onion and carom seeds.
Lunch and Dinner Delhi Menu Ideas:
· Tandoori Chicken - mouth watering spicy preparation where marinated chicken pieces are baked in oven and served along with onions and tomatoes.
· Shammi Kebabs - tasty golden brown patties prepared of minced meat and a perfect blend of spices.
· Tandoori roti - regular chapatti dough baked in clay oven and brushed with a little ghee on top before it is served hot.
· Chicken Makhani - chicken breast cooked in rich gravy featuring red chili, garlic, tomato, onion, fresh cream and spices.
· Chhole Bhature - mouth watering bhature made of all purpose flour are served with a tasty curry consisting chick peas, herbs and spices.
· Dal Makhani - popular dish made of whole urad dal, onion, kidney beans, ginger, garlic, tomato, fresh cream and spices.
· Biryani - awesome dish made of rice, chicken, onion and a perfect blend of assorted spices.
· Rogan Josh - traditional mughlai dish prepared of minced mutton, onions, tomato curd, cashew nuts and spices.
Snacks from Delhi menu:
· Gol Gappe - small flour puffs served with a potato mix and spicy water made of tamarind.
· Chaat - tangy dish served in a variety of tasty made by mixing several ingredients like onion, corn and tomato.
· Kulfi - Indian homemade ice cream prepared of condensed milk, cream, almonds, pistachio and saffron.
· Milk Rabdi- awesome dish prepared by boiling milk with grated paneer, cardamom powder, saffron and condensed milk and served after garnishing it with almonds and pistachios.
· Gujiya - fried and crispy flour shell consisting of a filling made of khoya, sugar, raisins and almonds.
Check out Delhi menu items whenever you get an opportunity and enjoy!