Hakka is a style of cooking primarily used by the people of southeastern China. Hakka menu items are prepared in a unique style using a wide range of ingredients. Here are some Hakka items that can be enjoyed.
Hakka Menu appetizers:
- Deep Fried Glutinous Rice Balls- mashed sweet potato mixed with glutinous rice flour into dough and filled with ground peanut and sugar before being fried.
- Bamboo shoot dumplings- Pork, bamboo shoot, mushrooms and cuttlefish fried together with garlic, onion and wrapped in flour dough before steaming.
Lunch Menu ideas:
- Noh Mi Ap - A whole duck deboned, cleaned and stuffed with rice to make it a popular traditional dish.
- Eggplant with Sweet Basil Leaf - ideal side dish where eggplant is mixed and steamed together with garlic and sauces to give it a tangy taste
- Hakka Fried Noodles - Blanch noodles mixed with fried aromatic garlic, beans, prawns and beans sprouts.
- Fish Rolls with Rice Wine paste - Marinated fish fillets steamed with asparagus and spring onion and them put into gravy prepared of cornstarch, sesame oil and red wine paste.
Hakka menu dessert ideas:
- Pop Rice Candy - tasty dessert prepared of ready pop rice, peanut, sesame seeds and grated orange peel.
- Fried Pork with Fermented Tofu - tradition dish prepared in two stages, where the marinated pork is first friend and then dipped in stew made of tofu.
- Hakka Lui-Cha - Tea prepared of assorted tea leaves and other herbs making it a tasty brew.
Try out any of these Hakka menu items and you will love it!