Ideas For Healthy Snacks For A Meeting
We are going to tell you about some ideas for healthy snacks for a meeting. Normally it is found that food suppliers often get away by supplying cheap or unhealthy food during meetings. Also, most of the time the meeting organizers are in the search of food options that may fall light on their purse. But that’s not the right way of organizing a party. Always the organizers and suppliers should try to serve healthy snacks for a meeting. Some may think that to serve healthy snacks means splurging huge amount of money, that’s not always right. Through this blog we have tried to give out ideas for serving healthy snacks for a meeting.
Fruits and Vegetables
- Fruits like cherries, strawberries, grapes, baby carrots, and broccoli florets can be incorporated in salad bowls and served as healthy snacks for a meeting. You can try out various permutations and combinations with these fruits. You can also serve whole fresh fruits like oranges, plum, apple, apricot or nectarines. Or you can serve sliced fruits with non-fat vanilla yoghurt or serve them as kebabs attached to toothpicks.
If you are wary of serving plain fruits as healthy snacks then you can go for some fruit based snacks such as apple bites, bubbly berries and grapefruit, and grapefruit cake.
- Similarly fresh vegetables can be chopped and incorporated in a salad bowl and served as healthy snacks for a meeting. Vegetables like cucumbers, potatoes, tomatoes etc can be used for preparing various vegetable based dishes. Or if you are in search of some spicy healthy snacks then it’s better to season the fresh vegetables with some healthful spices like salt and pepper or flavoring them with a spice blend.
If you want to try out some exciting healthy snacks for a meeting then it’s better to serve freshly cut vegetables with a low fat dip such as hummus. Or going a step ahead it is better to serve the vegetables with low fat yogurt dip or serving non-fat yogurt with dehydrated vegetable seasoning.
Whole Grain and Low – Sodium Snacks
Some whole grain and low sodium food items like the ones given below can be treated healthy snacks for a meeting.
- Whole grain breads with vegetable dips
- Unsalted pretzels
- Air-popped popcorn or spicy popcorn
- Unsalted crackers with vegetable dips
- Canned vegetables without salt
- Unsalted crackers
- Frozen vegetables without sauce
Some beverages like the ones given below can be treated as drinks accompanying healthy snacks for a meeting.
- Fruit or vegetable juice
- Spicy Buttermilk
- Decaffeinated tea or coffee
- Mint tea, green tea
- Soy Milk
- Cranberry Juice
Image Courtesy: the-parenting-magazine.com